Transform Nutrition have committed to running a number of week-long short courses in a variety of locations. The course, designed for both for policy makers and practitioners, will take participants through new ways of thinking about undernutrition and what to do about it. By the end of the programme the participants will be better able to contribute to accelerating undernutrition in their sphere of influence by a greater appreciation of:
- The differences between undernutrition, malnutrition, food insecurity, hunger and hidden hunger
- The distribution of undernutrition
- The causes and consequences of undernutrition
- What works in addressing undernutrition at the intermediate, underlying and basic levels and why
- How to assess what works and why
- How to contribute to creating an enabling environment for undernutrition reduction.
The following courses are planned:
- Brighton UK 11-15 July 2016
- India 2016 (date and timing to be confirmed)
The following courses have been completed:
- Delhi, India 7-11th December 2015. Course flyer here.
- Brighton, UK 13-17th July 2015 See Development Horizons blog and watch the Storify which brings together videos, blogs and social media from the Transforming Nutrition: Ideas, Policy and Outcomes Short Course 2015.
- Delhi, India 3-7 November 2014 See Development Horizons blog . View the course brochure (pdf). Read the course report (pdf)
- Brighton, UK July 2014 See Development Horizons blog and read the course evaluation, watch interviews with participants.
- Brighton, UK July 2013 See Development Horizons blog
- Brighton, UK July 2012 See Development Horizons blog
For more information about the short courses please contact Leah Plati L.Plati@ids.ac.uk