Do you know anyone who has transformed thinking and action on nutrition?
We are looking for the “unsung heroes” of nutrition…
The Transform Nutrition Research Programme Consortium in support of the efforts of the Scaling Up Nutrition (SUN) Movement are inviting nominations to recognise any individual who has had significant success in transforming thinking or action on nutrition, at national or local (e.g. provincial or district) levels in the following countries:
ASIA: Afghanistan, Bangladesh, India, Indonesia, Indonesia, Kyrgyz Republic, Lao PDR, Myanmar, Nepal, Pakistan, Philippines, Sri Lanka, Vietnam, Yemen
AFRICA: Angola, Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Chad, Cote d’Ivoire, Democratic Republic of Congo, Egypt, Ethiopia, Gambia, Ghana, Kenya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Senegal, Sierra Leone, South Africa, Tanzania, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe
LATIN AMERICA: El Salvador, Guatemala, Peru
Priority will be given to applicants who are nationals from these countries.
We are looking for the “unsung heroes” of nutrition – individuals who are innovating or influencing and whose work has started to making a real difference in their locality in recent years for improved nutrition. This includes :
- by influencing the government, local authorities or an organisation to take nutrition on board as a development priority
- by improving the quality and/or scale of nutrition programmes or interventions,
- by effectively promoting nutritional considerations within other sectors e.g. agriculture, social protection, water and sanitation
- by influencing the formulation or implementation of policies or strategies so as to benefit nutrition
- by building consent and/or coalitions within the national or local nutrition community around a clear and consistent agenda for change
- by mobilizing communities and/or supporting women to play an active role in influencing and participating in the policies, programs and actions required to scale up nutrition.
Three nutrition champions will be invited to attend the global SUN Movement meeting planned for September 2013.
- Individuals cannot nominate themselves in a personal capacity;
- Transform Nutrition partners or their affiliates are not eligible to apply:
- The stories of applicants will be shared and disseminated amongst the public.
- The winners will be invited take part in publicity generated by the initiative.
NOMINATIONS ARE OPEN FROM 1 May – 30 JUNE 2013.