Do you know anyone who has transformed thinking and action on nutrition?
The Transform Nutrition Research Programme Consortium in partnership with Save the Children are inviting nominations to recognise any individual who has had significant success in transforming thinking or action on nutrition. Following a first round of Nutrition Champions in 2013, we are looking for more individuals from countries with a high burden of undernutrition, who are innovating or influencing and whose work has started to make a real difference in their locality in recent years for improved nutrition.
This includes :
• by influencing the government, local authorities or an organisation to take nutrition on board as a development priority
• by improving the quality and/or scale of nutrition programmes or interventions,
• by effectively promoting nutritional considerations within other sectors e.g. agriculture, social protection, water and sanitation
• by influencing the formulation or implementation of policies or strategies so as to benefit nutrition
• by building consensus and/or coalitions within the national or local nutrition community around a clear and consistent agenda for change
• by mobilizing communities and/or supporting women to play an active role in influencing the policies, programs and actions to scale up nutrition.
There will be a shortlist of up to 20 candidates who will all have their stories profiled on the Transform Nutrition website. This initiative is also linked to The International Food Policy Research Institute’s (IFPRI) Nourishing Millions: Stories of Change in Nutrition project which brings together several narratives of change. Nominations received will be considered for both of these processes and also considered for media and advocacy training by Save the Children in early 2016, leading up to attendance at the Nutrition for Growth event in Rio de Janeiro Brazil in August 2016.
- Individuals cannot nominate themselves in a personal capacity;
- Transform Nutrition partners or their affiliates are not eligible to apply:
- The stories of applicants will be shared and disseminated amongst the public.
- Those selected will be invited take part in publicity generated by the initiative.